If you recently invested in new HVAC equipment, you probably had the opportunity to purchase an extended warranty. Whether you opted for longer coverage or not, your system should at least come with a basic warranty at no extra charge. Read this warranty in detail immediately after your purchase to make sure you understand what’s covered and what could potentially negate your coverage. If you want to prevent accidentally voiding an HVAC warranty, be sure to avoid the following five common mistakes.
5 Common Reasons for Voiding an HVAC Warranty
- Not registering your warranty: Many manufacturers require you to register the new equipment shortly after installation to verify the specifics of your purchase. It’s easy to register your warranty, usually requiring you to simply fill out a quick form on the manufacturer’s website.
- Improperly installing the new system: Settle for nothing less than a professional installation. This decision is paramount for peak performance, comfort and system longevity. It also helps ensure your warranty remains valid. Only allow a qualified technician from a reputable heating and cooling contractor to perform the installation.
- Opting for off-brand replacement parts: Expect repairs in the coming years. If you need to replace a part, choose one from the same manufacturer as your equipment to prevent voiding an HVAC warranty.
- Failing to schedule annual preventative maintenance: Tune-ups serve many purposes, including to increase system efficiency, promote a longer system life and catch problems early to avoid expensive repairs in the future. On top of all this, annual maintenance is necessary to keep your warranty going. Manufacturers can’t guarantee the product if the homeowner neglects to have a system tuned up once a year.
- Not keeping proof of maintenance: It’s not good enough to simply say you maintained your HVAC system; you need to keep documentation to prove it.
Count on Aqua Plumbing & Air to install, repair and maintain your equipment to a very high standard. To help ensure you keep on top of preventative maintenance needs, sign up for our HVAC maintenance program. Then, for more ways to prevent voiding an HVAC warranty, contact Aqua Plumbing & Air, proudly serving Sarasota and Bradenton area residents since 1974.