If you’d like to improve the efficiency of your home’s heating and cooling system, don’t overlook a thermostat upgrade. Modern thermostats have many useful functions that make it easy to customize your home’s comfort to your specific needs. This can lower your monthly bills while improving comfort and providing a healthier home. Consider the features offered by newer thermostats to identify the kind of upgrade that best fits your home and lifestyle.
Features to Consider for a Thermostat Upgrade
- Programmable thermostats – You won’t have to constantly monitor and adjust a programmable thermostat, because your programming “remembers” what temperature you want your home to be at different times of day. There are different types of programmable thermostats to suit your schedule: Some models have two settings, one for weekdays and the other for weekends; other models allow different schedules for weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays; and some allow for unique settings every day of the week. That means you’ll always come home to a comfortable house after work, and you’ll never have to tiptoe across a cold floor to turn on the heat.
- Control where heating and cooling go – Thermostats operating as part of a zoning system allow you to control which areas are being heated or cooled and at what temperature. If your upstairs rooms get hot in the afternoon, you can direct cooling just to those rooms, while not wasting energy cooling an already cool finished basement.
- Humidity control – Some modern thermostats can help control humidity throughout your home, allowing you to maintain a specific humidity level either in the entire house or in a single room.
- Vacation mode – Most programmable thermostats allow you to temporarily change your settings for optimum energy savings while you’re traveling. Resume your normal schedule at the touch of a button.
- Sync up with your system – User-friendly touch-screen displays make it easier than ever to control your thermostat. Many models will remind you when your HVAC system needs a tune-up or when your air filter needs to be changed. For even more control, you can link the thermostat to your smart-phone, tablet or laptop, allowing you to control it from anywhere with a WiFI or Internet connection.
For more information about a thermostat upgrade for your Sarasota area home, please contact us at Aqua Plumbing & Air. We can answer any questions you may have about energy efficiency and home comfort.