Installing a ductless mini split system in your home can offer significant advantages over traditional systems in terms of energy efficiency and home comfort. However, that efficiency and comfort depends on keeping the system operating at its best. Routine ductless mini split maintenance, done at least once a year by your HVAC professional, is the best way to ensure that your system remains reliable and performs at peak efficiency levels.
Several tasks will be fulfilled during a routine ductless mini split maintenance call.
- Air filters will be inspected and replaced or cleaned as necessary.
- Evaporator and condenser coils will be inspected and cleaned to ensure efficiency.
- The drain pan and condensate lines will be cleaned and inspected.
- The fan wheel and blower assembly will be cleaned and checked for proper balance and function.
- Electrical connections will be inspected and maintained as necessary.
- Refrigerant levels will be checked, the system inspected for leaks and the refrigerant lines checked for proper insulation.
- Airflow will be tested to ensure optimal system operation.
- If your system uses specialized indoor air quality equipment that requires periodic cleaning or replacement, your technician will attend to those tasks during ductless mini split maintenance as well.
If you have questions about ductless mini split maintenance, please feel free to contact Aqua Plumbing & Air. We’re proud to serve homeowners in the Sarasota and Bradenton areas. We’ve been providing skilled, reliable service for nearly 40 years.
Written by John Miller