You may think that your air conditioner is fine if it seems to be working, but the truth is that regular maintenance is needed to keep your cooling system running as efficiently as possible. Professional A/C maintenance provides the benefits of improving efficiency for cost savings and prolonging the useful life of a system.
Professional A/C Maintenance Checklist
What should you expect when a professional comes to your home to provide A/C maintenance services? Here are some tasks that every experienced technician should run through when arriving at your home:
- Inspection of the thermostat to ensure that the temperature setting matches the temperature to which the system is cooling a home.
- Lubrication of all parts of a cooling system to lower the amount of friction and associated energy use.
- Inspection of the condensate drain connected to the air conditioning system and clearing of any blockages.
- Testing of system controls to determine whether the controls can be safely operated to start and shut down the system.
The tasks listed above are related to your entire HVAC system. Tasks that relate specifically to your A/C are listed below.
- Cleaning of the coils to reduce strain and energy use while extending the useful service life of the system.
- Checking and adjusting refrigerant levels as needed.
- Making adjustments in the blower components of the system to properly regulate air flow.
Getting Help With A/C Maintenance
Now that you understand the importance of professional A/C maintenance, it’s time to hire the best HVAC company in the Sarasota-Bradenton area for help. Aqua Plumbing & Air has been providing installation, maintenance and repair services since 1974. Contact Aqua Plumbing & Air today to set up an appointment for the preventative maintenance services you need to keep your cooling costs under control.
Written by John Miller
Image Provided by Shutterstock.com