It’s never too late to have a heat pump inspection. Sometimes, Sarasota homeowners have the impression that if they missed their inspection and tuneup this year, they might as well wait until next year. This can have a detrimental impact on your heat pump, indoor comfort and air quality, and energy bills.
Schedule a heat pump inspection and enjoy the benefits of improved HVAC efficiency. During a heat pump maintenance appointment, an HVAC technician will perform a range of services, most of which can’t be done by a homeowner. The type of work performed may include:
- Checking thermostat settings and calibrating the thermostat if necessary
- Lubricating all moving parts to reduce wear and tear
- Inspecting electrical connections, tightening them if loose and examining wires for wear or damage
- Verifying the electric control to ensure cooling is locked out when the system is set for heat and vice versa
- Checking ducts, blower, indoor coils and filters for airflow obstructions and debris
- Checking for refrigerant leaks and recharging if necessary
- Measuring airflow to make sure it’s adequate
- Diagnosing duct leaks and repairing them as needed
The technician will also replace the air filter if it’s dirty, although this is a simple DIY maintenance item that should be done about once a month for optimal energy efficiency and to improve indoor air quality.
Why Maintenance Matters
There are several reasons why an annual heat pump inspection is important:
- Conserve energy. Heat pump maintenance improves energy efficiency, which reduces your annual heating and cooling costs.
- Lower your repair bills. During an inspection, the technician will be able to identify and address small red flags that can develop into more expensive repairs or equipment replacement if left untended. This will be reflected in fewer unexpected maintenance calls and lowered repair bills. It will also increase the life of your system.
- Protect your warranty. Your heat pump warranty is probably contingent on routine inspections and tuneups from a licensed HVAC contractor. Failure to show a bona fide maintenance record may void your warranty.
Contact Aqua Plumbing & Air to schedule a heat pump inspection for your Sarasota area home.
Written by John Miller