Replacing a water heater or boiler requires the work of a licensed plumber. Plumbing contractors in Sarasota, FL are happy to help you find the right heater for your home. New technology allows you to have hot water and lower utility bills at the same time. Aqua Plumbing & Air wants to introduce you to new water heating and HVAC technology that will save energy and can qualify for tax rebates and incentives. Some of these technologies are:
- Gas condensing water heaters have pipes that coil around the inside of the water tank. Conventional tanks have a pipe that runs straight through the top of the unit. Most of the heat is wasted as it is expelled through the vent. In the coils, the heated air helps to heat the entire tank of water while the burner heats from the bottom. It takes far less gas to heat a tank of water, which saves money.
- Solar water heaters have evolved far beyond those in the 1970s. Plumbing contractors in Sarasota, FL, can help you choose between batch collectors, flat plate collectors or evacuator tube collectors. The hot water is stored in the home’s existing water heater tank because it is insulated. In the winter, additional heating from the water tank’s gas or electrical unit may be needed.
- High efficiency gas storage heaters are built with better insulation and more efficient water heating burners. Power vents work to take combustion gasses out of the unit faster, making them far safer.
- Whole-house tankless units save the most energy. You may need to have an additional electrical circuit installed. These units must be installed by licensed plumbing contractors in most areas. When a hot water tap is turned on, the unit comes on and heats water leading to the tap. It turns off when the tap is closed. Since hot water is only heated as needed and not stored, these units save the most money.
- A heat pump moves heat from the air into the water, sort of the reverse process of an HVAC unit removing heat from the indoor air. These units are extremely efficient and can save a significant amount on the utility bill.
- Heat recovery HVAC units give you two-for-one. The HVAC unit heats or cools the air. The heat removed from the air is recovered and used to heat water for the house. The house gets cool and your water gets hot on the same energy use.
In Sarasota, FL, water heating and HVAC technology has moved into the 21st century to save you money and lessen the environmental impact. Aqua Plumbing & Air is ready to meet your plumbing and HVAC needs twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Their highly skilled technicians can install, maintain and repair any water heater or HVAC system your home has. They are happy to advise you about the best methods to maintain your HVAC and water heating units. Some units qualify for tax rebates. With the rebates and energy savings, these units will pay for themselves over time.